McNeilus® Unveils Newly Redesigned Oshkosh® S-Series™ Front Discharge Concrete Mixer
Customer-Driven Innovations Enhance Cab, Increase Hauling and Improve Handling
Oshkosh, WI (June 6, 2019) – McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing, Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation (NYSE:OSK) company, has taken one of its most reliable and respected machines, the Oshkosh® S-Series™ front discharge concrete mixer, and made it even better with an array of new features and technologies that pay off with better visibility, increased hauling capability and tighter turning radius.
“Our S-Series has always been known for strength, stability and reliability;” said Christopher Yakes, Vice President of Corporate Engineering and General Manager, S-Series Business. “And we’re excited to continue to enhance the total cost of ownership for our customers with this latest introduction.”
The reimagined Oshkosh S-Series backed by McNeilus was introduced by Yakes at the company’s Innovation Day and received enthusiastically by customers. Also speaking at the event were Wilson Jones, Oshkosh Corporation President and CEO and Rob Messina, Senior Vice President of Engineering and Technology.
Enhancements That Make the Biggest Impact
These new customer-driven innovations include:
- FLEX Controls™: Proprietary FLEX Controls takes the guesswork out of any project and increases the life of the concrete mixer. Improve concrete mix and efficiency with consistent loading, mixing and pouring. Additionally, programmable settings help reduce operating inconsistencies.
- Cab visibility and accessibility: Oshkosh engineering teams conducted multiple visibility studies that paid off in a thoughtful design that maximizes the view and enhances operator assurance. A larger cab allows for easy in and out, with improved ergonomics and more accessible electrical systems.
- Operator Assurance: In addition to improved ergonomics, expanded visibility and ease-of-use, four-times more shock absorption means less vibration and a more comfortable ride that’s sure to help retain your drivers.
- Turning radius: Easier steering means drivers can move where they want when they want, both on and off the job site. The front axle features field-proven Oshkosh Defense military components to provide maximum durability.
- Payload: This lighter truck allows for more concrete per load and decreases the number of trips.
- Serviceability: Downtime for service is decreased thanks to improvements that lengthen the life of components and protect against corrosion while making them easier to access during service.
And, all of this is backed by the industry’s largest factory-direct parts and service network, McNeilus.
For more information, contact your McNeilus sales manager or visit www.mcneiluscompanies.com/oshkosh-s-series/.
McNeilus Truck and Manufacturing, Inc., an Oshkosh Corporation [NYSE: OSK] company, is an industry leading concrete mixer manufacturer. The McNeilus mixer has long been the industry standard when it comes to transporting concrete to the job site. All supported by a comprehensive, factory direct sales and service network equipped with replacement parts to bring new life to your entire fleet. McNeilus, along with sister companies London, Oshkosh Commercial Products, CON-E-CO and IMT, provide the industry with the finest concrete mixers, batch plants, and service trucks to enhance your operation. For more information, go to www.mcneiluscompanies.com.
About Oshkosh Corporation
Founded in 1917, Oshkosh Corporation is more than 100 years strong and continues to make a difference in people’s lives. Oshkosh brings together a unique set of integrated capabilities and diverse end markets that, when combined with the Company’s MOVE strategy and positive long-term outlook, illustrate why Oshkosh is a different integrated global industrial. The Company is a leader in designing, manufacturing and servicing a broad range of access equipment, commercial, fire & emergency, military and specialty vehicles and vehicle bodies under the brands of Oshkosh®, JLG®, Pierce®, McNeilus®, Jerr-Dan®, Frontline™, CON-E-CO®, London® and IMT®.
Today, Oshkosh Corporation is a Fortune 500 Company with manufacturing operations on four continents. Its products are recognized around the world for quality, durability and innovation, and can be found in more than 150 countries. As a different integrated global industrial, Oshkosh is committed to making a difference for team members, customers, shareholders, communities and the environment. For more information, please visit www.oshkoshcorporation.com.
®, ™ All brand names referred to in this news release are trademarks of Oshkosh Corporation or its subsidiary companies.
This press release contains statements that the Company believes to be “forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. All statements other than statements of historical fact, including, without limitation, statements regarding the Company’s future financial position, business strategy, targets, projected sales, costs, earnings, capital expenditures, debt levels, and cash flows, and plans and objectives of management for future operations, are forward-looking statements. When used in this press release, words such as “may,” “will,” “expect,” “intend,” “estimate,” “anticipate,” “believe,” “should,” “project,” or “plan” or the negative thereof or variations thereon or similar terminology are generally intended to identify forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance and are subject to risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and other factors, some of which are beyond the Company’s control, which could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements.
# # #