Meridian Front Loader
McNeilus is synonymous with innovation. We build every product with the goal of meeting and exceeding customers’ needs. Cutting-edge technology and the voice of the customer are exactly what went into creating our newest front loader. Meet the Meridian!
It’s lighter in weight, at a base body weight of 17,100 pounds. It’s powerful, with 10,000-pound-rated arms. And it can carry more, at a maximum carrying capacity of 14 tons. Plus, it comes standard with Excalibre™ packing cylinders that provide a harder surface (over chrome cylinders), which resists wear and corrosion, and a patented tool steel shaver and seals drastically reduce hydraulic contamination.
This front loader, available in a 40-cubic-yard body size, provides a perfect balance of performance and versatility for commercial and residential routes. And that’s just the beginning.
Take a look at some of the Meridian’s other features and benefits:
- Clear headframe means hydraulic and electrical components are kept away from hot exhaust and refuse debris.
- Hydraulics are mounted in side-of-body enclosures rather than on the headframe for easier access and serviceability.
- Flat body and hopper floor design provide support for best-in-class carrying capacity.
- Non-sliding tailgate provides less wear on the tailgate seal, and easier-to-deploy tailgate props that offer improved access.
- Arm and fork position sensors improve the operator experience and offer greater control.
- McNeilus CODE™ system provides simplified CAN-based controls with superior diagnostics and troubleshooting at your fingertips. Plus, an electronic proportional commercial or residential joystick.
- Tailgate CNG is available for Meridian in 60, 75, 90 and 105 DGE capacities, as well as other CNG configurations.
|Arms Down||IDLE: 10 seconds
1350 RPM: 8 seconds
|Arms Up||IDLE: 9 seconds
1350 RPM: 7 seconds
|Forks Down||IDLE: 4 seconds
1350 RPM: 4 seconds
|Forks Up||IDLE: 4 seconds
1350 RPM: 4 seconds
|Packer Extended||IDLE: N/A
1350 RPM: 17 seconds
|Packer Retract||IDLE: N/A
1350 RPM: 6 seconds
|Compaction Force = 119,000 pounds|
|Top Door Open||IDLE: 8 seconds
1350 RPM: 7 seconds
|Top door Close||IDLE: 7 seconds1350 RPM: 7 seconds|
|Tailgate Open||IDLE: 26 seconds1350 RPM: N/A|
|Taligate Close||IDLE: 29 seconds1350 RPM: N/A|
|* Cycle times may vary slightly|
|Arm Side Plate||1/4" grade 80|
|Arm Construction||Internal reinforcement|
|Fork Construction||1" grade 80|
|Hopper Capacity||12 cubic yards|
|Hopper Floor||3/16" AR400|
|Upper Hopper Sides||0.118" 100 XF|
|Lower Hopper Sides||3/16" AR450|
|Lower Face Plate||1/4" AR200|
|Upper Face Plate||3/16" AR200|
|Packing Panel Floor Tracks||3/8" grade 100 high-strength steel|
|Top and Side Wear Strips||1/4" AR400|
|Bottom Wear Strips||5/16" X-wear|
|Body Floor||3/16" AR200|
|Body Roof||10-gauge AR200|
|Body Side Walls||1/8" AR450|
|Tailgate Rear Wall||1/8" AR450|
|Tailgate Side Wall||0.118" 100 XF|
|Automatic Locking Tailgate|
|McNeilus CODE™ CAN-based controls offer the best technology in the business. (smart fuse panel, complete diagnostics, vehicle status messages and pre-trip reminders)|
|Electronic Proportional Commercial or Residential Joystick|
|Pump||Piston, or dual vane or gear, with Pack-on-the-go flow control system|
|Control Valves||Danfoss PVG, main pressure = 2500 psi|
|Oil Reservoir Capacity||50 gallons|
|Return Filter||5 micron|
|Suction Strainer||100 mesh stainless steel with magnets|
|Ejector Cylinder||5/12" 3-stage x 181"|
|Arm Cylinder||4-1/2" bore x 2-1/2" rod x 46" stroke|
|Fork Cylinder||3-1/2" bore x 2" rod x 26" stroke|
|Tailgate Cylinder||2-1/4" bore x 1-3/4" rod x 35" stroke|
|Tailgate Lock Cylinder||2-1/4" bore x 1-1/8" rod x 3" stroke|
|Packer and components steel shot blasted prior to priming with high solids epoxy primer.|
|Finish: Sikkens' Autocoat BT LV650, a high-performance, high solids polyrethane.|
|Contact your McNeilus representative on specific warranty details. Or for more information, call 888-686-7278.|